Eating is an agricultural act - Wendell Berry

Friday, April 03, 2009

the genius of the indian villager

is the title of a 50s article by TS Satyan - a renowned photo-journalist.
...is the life of the Indian villager, a life of pathos, hardship, and ignorance to the casual visitor from the West, but to those who know him and his heroic struggles against man and nature, he is a giant among men, beloved of himself and of God.
hat tip - indian writing
reading this conflated with this sad but brilliant story about bhushan just staggered me.
“I’ll prove my father wasn’t wrong when he took up farming, I’ll bring my family out of debt,” says Bhushan, who took over the family farm at barely 13 years of age when his father committed suicide in 2003.
the villager's genius stems from the spirit.

No comments: